Expand All | Collapse All
Merchant Category Blocks
If a particular charge is declined, refer to the following steps:
- Is the purchase a prohibited merchant category? For example, the PCard cannot be used for travel related expenses. If it is not a prohibited merchant category, proceed to Step #2.
- Contact Bank of Montreal MasterCard customer service immediately at 1-800-263-2263 to acquire the appropriate Merchant Category Code.
- Download the PCard Block Lift Request form.
- Complete the form including required signature from your Department Card Coordinator (DCC) and the Department Chair or equivalent.
- Send completed form to email@example.com.
Block lifts will be completed within 3 days of request submission. For emergency transactions, consider alternate payment options such as:
- By invoice
- Imprest expenditure bank account
- Personal payment with expense reimbursement request
Over Credit Limit
Occurs when monthly spending exceeds the credit limit on the PCard. Solutions include increasing the monthly credit limit using a PCard Change Request form or finding an alternative purchasing method.
Pending Transaction Because of Missing Information
Occurs when ordering online and there are discrepancies with cardholder information. The shipping address must be the same address on the PCard application and the phone number must be 289-305-5877 (default for all U of T PCards).
FIS Default Error
Occurs if FIS/Default account numbers are mistakenly entered, accounts are NSF, or an account change has not been updated.
- If your PCard transactions are being posted to incorrect FIS accounts, contact Procurement Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your account has changed, submit a PCard Change Request form to your Campus Card Coordinator.
- If your FIS account is out of funds, contact Financial Services at 416-978-2800.