Return an Order ($5,000+)
In the event an item is damaged, defective, incorrect etc., contact the Supplier directly and ask them to arrange for a product return. If item has been invoiced, ask the Supplier to submit a Credit Memo through uSOURCE. And when the Purchase Order total (before tax) is greater than $5,000, the return must be documented in the system by creating a Return Receipt.
Create a Return Receipt
- Open the Purchase Order: in the Quick Search field, enter the PO number, click on the search icon, then click the PO number.
- From the Available Actions drop-down (top right of screen), select Create Quantity Receipt and press Go.
Note: If the PO is Closed, send a request to re-open the PO before creating the receipt.
- Enter the RMA number provided by the Supplier in the Packing Slip/RMA field (1). While not required, it is recommended to attach a scan of the RMA label and any other documentation by using the Attach/Link button (2).
- In the Receipt Lines > Line Details section, remove any line items that you will not be returning: click the Remove Line button, or remove several line items at once by selecting the items and then choosing Remove Selected Items from the top menu and pressing Go.
- Enter the number of items you are returning in the Quantity field (1). Select Returned from the Line Status drop-down (2). Click the Save Updates button (3).
A yellow highlighted drop-down will appear. Select the reason for return (1). Enter a description in the Notes field (2) (optional). When finished, click the Complete button (3).
Cancel Line Item
If you are not expecting a replacement, send a request to the uSOURCE Help Desk to cancel the item to release the committed funds.
- Open the Purchase Order, and in the Available Actions drop-down, click the Go button next to Add Comment.
- Add the uSOURCE Help Desk email address to the comment by clicking add email recipient.
- A User Search window will appear. In the User Name field, enter uSOURCE, press Search. The uSOURCE Help Desk should appear. Click the select link. In the text area, enter the nature of the request (e.g. “Line 4 was returned to the Supplier. Please cancel to release the committed funds.”). To finish, click Add Comment.
The comment will be added to the PO, and a notification will be sent to the uSOURCE Help Desk to process your request.