Return an Order ($5,000+)
In the event an item is damaged, defective, incorrect etc., contact the Supplier directly and ask them to arrange for a product return. If item has been invoiced, ask the Supplier to submit a Credit Memo through uSOURCE. And when the Purchase Order total (before tax) is greater than $5,000, the return must be documented in the system by creating a Return Receipt.
Create a Return Receipt
- Open the Purchase Order: in the Quick Search field, enter the PO number, click on the search icon, then click the PO number.
- Click on the Receipts tab (1). Ensure the item(s) have a corresponding Goods Receipt (2), then click the + icon to create a Return Receipt (3).
If the PO is Closed
, contact the uSOURCE Help Desk
to re-open the PO before creating the receipt.
- Enter the RMA number provided by the Supplier in the Packing Slip/RMA field (1). While not required, it is recommended to attach a scan of the RMA label and any other documentation by using the Add link (2).
- In the Line Details section, remove any line items that you will not be returning by clicking the trash icon at the line item level (1) or selecting multiple lines and clicking the top trash icon (2).
- Enter the number of items you are returning in the Quantity field (1). Select Returned from the Status drop-down (2). Select the reason for return (3). Enter a description in the Notes field (4) (optional).
- When finished, click the Complete button (top-right of screen).
Cancel Line Item
If you are not expecting a replacement, send a request to the uSOURCE Help Desk to cancel the item to release the committed funds.
Last Updated: November 7, 2022