How to create a Goods Receipt
When the total value of a Purchase Order is more than $5,000 (before tax), a Goods Receipt must be completed before payment is released to the Supplier. For orders less than $5,000 creating a Goods Receipt is optional, but does not affect the release of payment. To create a Goods Receipt you will need the Supplier’s Packing Slip that lists all items included in the delivery. If the Packing Slip is missing, ask the Supplier to send you a PDF copy.
To create a Goods Receipt:
- Open the Purchase Order: in the Quick Search field, enter the PO number found on the Packing Slip, click the search icon, and click the PO number.
- From the Available Actions drop-down, select Create Quantity Receipt and press Go.
- Enter the Packing Slip number in the Packing Slip / RMA field (1). Depending on the Supplier, this may be listed as the ‘Order’ or ‘Reference’ number. Attach a scan of the packing slip and any other documentation by using the Attach/Link button (2) (optional).
- In the Line Details section, review the line item details and quantities. Check this information against the packing slip to ensure the quantity ordered equals the quantity received. If needed, adjust the quantity received.
- If any line items were not included in the delivery (e.g. a partial delivery), remove them from this receipt by clicking the Remove Line button (1), or remove several at once by selecting the items using the checkbox (2) and then choosing Remove Selected Items from the top menu and pressing Go (3).
- When you have finished entering all the necessary information, click the Complete button.
- Write the Goods Receipt number on the Packing Slip and retain for your records.
Still need help? Contact Us!