Go to Main menuGo to Content

Safe Food for Canadians (SFC) license requirement for food imports

Mar 5th, 2021 | Posted In : General Operations 
As of March 15, 2021, all food import shipments require a valid Safe Food for Canadians (SFC) licence. Food shipments without a valid SFC licence will be held until this information is provided to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).

The SFC licence must be obtained prior to a shipment’s arrival at the border. Application (or amendment) requests may take up to 15 business days to process, and can take longer if a pre-licence inspection is required.

The SFC licence must be issued for the activity of “Importing” and for the food commodities to be imported.

To apply for or review current licence information, go to My CFIA.

For more information, contact the University’s Customs Broker at consulting@taco.ca.