Changes to FIS Purchase Orders
Jun 21st, 2018 | Posted In : General Operations
We are pleased to announce a process improvement to the way end users at the St. George Campus request Purchase Orders at or greater than $25,000.
Effective August 1, 2018, end users will be able to create an FIS Purchase Order (including Lease Orders) at or greater than $25,000 without first creating a Purchase Requisition. With this new functionality, all related documentation is attached to the Purchase Order in SAP, which is automatically routed to Procurement Services for review and release.
What are the benefits to you?
- You have one less administrative step to complete when requesting a high value Purchase Order;
- You can track the status of your Purchase Order in real time;
- You can store all back-up documentation directly in SAP;
- You will receive an email with a PDF copy of the Purchase Order.
What will not change?
- Procurement Policy requirements (e.g. minimum 2 quotes for $5,000 – $24,999, 3 quotes for $25,000 – $99,999)
- Purchase Orders with radioactive items: a Purchase Requisition will continue to be required and routed to Environmental Health and Safety for review before Purchase Order creation
- Workflow for uSOURCE orders
Throughout the month of July, Procurement Services will be holding information sessions to demonstrate the new process followed by a question period.
In July and August, the FAST Team will deliver hands on training sessions in the McCaul training center.
For any questions related to this project, contact Lisa Myre, Project Manager or Shauna Schwartz (Hipwell), Manager, Purchasing Services & Operations.