Travel and Hospitality FAQ
- What are the benefits of using a TCard?
- Can I obtain a cash advance on my TCard?
- How do I pay off my TCard balance?
- What happens when I receive a late charge?
- How can I cancel my TCard?
- What is the current allowance per kilometre for using my car on university business?
What are the benefits of using a TCard?
The TCard provides holders with a wide variety of travel insurance benefits, including: flight and baggage delay, car rental theft and damage, and hotel/motel burglary compensation. The cardholder has 45 days to pay off the FULL balance owed and there are no restrictions or limits on the card.
NOTE: The TCard should only be used for U of T business purposes.
Can I obtain a cash advance on my TCard?
No. Cash advances are not permitted on the TCard.
How do I pay off my TCard balance?
There are two options:
- Create an accounts payable invoice to vendor# 103050 for Amex with the complete card number in the reference document field (entered with no spaces or hyphens). No other information should be included in the reference field. Also, to ensure payment is received and processed by Amex before the end of the 45-day grace period, keep the following milestones in mind:–
- If payment is not entered within 29 days of the Amex statement date, payment may arrive late. Your department should review and enter invoices into the financial system immediately.
- Cheques are cut only on Wednesdays. Allow up to 7 days for cheque creation.
- Allow 5 to 9 days from the cheque run date for Amex to receive payment and apply it to the cardholder’s account.
- Pay balance directly to Amex Bank of Canada and submit a reimbursement form. For more information see How to Claim an Expense Reimbursement.
What happens when I receive a late charge?
The Cardholder is liable for all payments to Amex Bank of Canada, including late payment charges. If the department is paying AMEX bills directly on behalf of the cardholder, it is the department’s responsibility to ensure payments reach AMEX and are applied correctly to the cardholder’s account.
How can I cancel my TCard?
Download and complete the Amex Cancellation form and send to Procurement Services at email@example.com.
What is the current allowance per kilometer for using my car on university business?
The reimbursement rate for use of a personally owned vehicle for approved university business is 54 cents per kilometer. For more information regarding eligible expenses refer to the GTFM’s Travel and Other Reimbursable Expenses.