Exporting Goods From Canada to USA
For individuals traveling by car, van, or truck on official U of T business to destinations in the USA and carrying commercial goods either for permanent export or for return to Canada, required customs documentation must be obtained.
A minimum of 24 hours notice is required for the documents to be prepared and forwarded to Customs authorities.
To obtain Export documentation:
2. Fax or email completed form to Kuehne + Nagel, U of T’s appointed customs broker. (Contact information is included on the form).
3. Kuehne + Nagel will prepare the necessary documentation and courier them, along with instructions for their use, to the requesting department.
For further inquiries, please contact Ralph Rosmarin @ 905-502-7776 ext. 2149 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Importing Goods From USA to Canada
Individuals on official U of T business carrying commercial goods and returning by car, van, or truck from destinations in the USA to Canada, may require import documentation.
If documents are required, a minimum of 24 hours notice is needed before you travel in order to prepare the import package.
Determine which situation applies:
I. Goods that were originally from Canada (ie. You brought them from Canada to the USA as per exportation process stated above and you would have received a “Return to Canada Package” from Kuehne + Nagel).
1. Notify the broker a minimum of 3 hours before your arrival at the Canadian border by faxing the “Return to Canada Package Fax Cover Sheet” to 519-969-0700.
2. Carry all the original documents in the “Return to Canada Package” and present them to Canada Customs at the port of entry.
II. For goods NOT from Canada (ie. You purchased/acquired some items for your department during your stay in the USA ).
4. Carry all the original documents and present them to Canada Customs at the port of entry